Valais apricot jam
- 1 kg Valais apricots
- 750g sugar
- ½ a lemon
- Spices according to your taste (cinnamon or vanilla)
- Wash the fruits in warm water and leave them to dry on a tea towel.
- Cut the apricots in two and remove the stone.
- Slice the fruit, add the sugar and lemon juice and mix together well.
- Cook in a saucepan over a strong heat whilst stirring for approximately 5 minutes until it boils, then skim.
- Fill the jars after sterilizing them in boiling water. Close them straight away.
Tasty tip: Add 1 or 2 soup spoons of AOC apricot brandy!